Born from working on a very dried out fingerboard in the shop…
Necessity being the Mother, etc… I just got tired of solutions that didn’t work (pardon the pun) and dove into a whirlpool of myth, legend, nonsense, bad information, wisdom, wit and science that led me to some serious research and Fingerboard Serum is the result. This stuff WORKS. It is great for cleaning but, more importantly, it is essential to keeping fingerboards looking great and for preventing them from drying out.
$5.95 plus $2.50 Shipping
(If you order more than one, we still only charge $2.50 for as many as you would like to order)
NEW Before and After shots… or CLICK ME for more Before and After shots
IMPORTANT NOTE: When I introduced this product, we were including Free Shipping. Now that we have the business up and running and finally had a chance to look at the numbers… Well, I apologize, but there’s no way I can include free shipping and continue to stay in business. Between USPS (forget about UPS!), PayPal fees, the cost of the product itself, I just was thinking like a bass player. We hope you can appreciate the situation.
WE ARE trying to get the product into more retailers (and it’s going really well) and in the future, we will try to send you to a retailer so that if THEY offer Free Shipping with a minimum order, you can have order up your strings, picks, a new strap, etc. and not have to pay shipping. Cool? Thanks for your understanding!
Oh, and about that shipping: We have added a nominal shipping cost of $2.50 to each item (to cover our costs only). When you “check out” via PayPal, this amount will be added to EACH item. HOWEVER, we don’t want to make money on the shipping, so… At the time of shipping we will calculate the EXACT shipping cost for ALL items and immediately REFUND any difference to your PayPal account.
Click here to purchase, or read on for more info:
To get the full effect: CLICK ON THE IMAGES! That will open up and MUCH larger image for your viewing pleasure. Simply use your browser’s Back button to return to this page. These tiny thumbnails don’t begin to tell the story.
Before and After Shots
Here’s an Ibanez that a shop was working on and they decided to use it as the guinea pig for Fingerboard Serum. They liked it and ordered some up!
How to use Fingerboard Serum (Click here)
What it is and does:
- Absorbed into the wood, any excess is wiped clean (doesn’t sit “on” the wood like so many products in the marketplace)
- Doesn’t dry out
- Doesn’t build up (self cleaning with each application)
- All natural, plant based
- No off odors (high in anti-oxidants which extend shelf life)
- Very affordable
- Makes your fingerboard looks great
- Convenient 2 Ounce packaging with applicator tip
- Good on Rosewood, Pao Ferro, Ebony (not intended for Maple/Lacquered boards)
What it isn’t:
- Lemon oil. Funny thing about lemon oil is, it isn’t. Commercially available “lemon oil” is mostly mineral spirits which will strip the wood of its natural oils and do more damage than good. It also evaporates quickly, thus drying out the wood
- Bore Oil. While I will admit that included in my research was a popular concoction called “bore oil” used in fine oboes, clarinets, and, yes, bagpipes. Most commercially available, bore oil contains those evil mineral spirits (aka paint thinner), are “greasy”, most smell funky and the best of the bore oils are damned expensive and hard to find
- Wax or other commercial “snake oil” combinations (again, wax will sit “on” the fibers)
- Boiled linseed oil, tung oil, varnish, or any other resin that will seal the wood. The same reason you don’t use latex paint on your fingerboard, wood needs to breathe
- Vegetable oil (some web-wingnuts recommend “extra virgin olive oil”!) These oils quickly go rancid and smell like bad Mexican takeout was applied to your instrument and left to die
DO NOT INGEST! 2 ounces may not kill you but it will sure make you sick.
CAUTION: Contains Tree Nut Oils
This product is intended for use on guitar and bass fingerboards (ukulele, viol, mando and banjo too!) and is NOT for human consumption. If you have any questions about this or any of our other fine products, please send us an email and we’ll get back to you promptly.
Resellers, Shops and Dealers: We do offer wholesale discounts on purchases of lots of 12, 24 or more. Please send me an email with your business info and I will respond promptly with pricing and delivery information. email@example.com
A note on shipping:
We have added a nominal shipping cost of $2.50 to each item (to cover our costs only). When you “check out” via PayPal, this amount will be added to EACH item. HOWEVER, we don’t want to make money on the shipping, so… At the time of shipping we will calculate the EXACT shipping cost for ALL items and immediately REFUND any difference to your PayPal account.